Why Should We Eat 3 Bananas A Day?
Are you aware that why should we eat 3 bananas a day?
It can significantly diminish the threat of having a stroke or heart attack. The British and Italian scientists indicate that taking a single banana for breakfast, lunch and evening lessen the danger of blood clot by 21%. This is as a result of enough provision of potassium from the banana.
According to the 2011 report, published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, potassium levels found in some food can lessen or prevent stroke cases. These foods include bananas, lentils, fish, and spinach.
Researchers discovered that a daily consumption of approximately 1,600 mg of potassium could reduce the risk of stroke. The amount of potassium in an averaged sized banana is roughly 500 mg, taking three a day can generously lower blood pressure and assist with proper nerve and brain functioning.
The Benefits and Nutrients of Banana
Besides banana being full of potassium, it is also an excellent source of biotin, manganese, vitaminB6, dietary fiber and vitamin C as well, which aid in the proper regulation of the digestive system. Roughly 108 calories are in a banana; they also contain little cholesterol, sodium and fat which can cause gaining of weight.
Due to the small level of glycemic carbohydrates in bananas, it is considered the suitable snack for athletes for energy boosting. There is research to prove that if you eat 3 bananas a day, it can produce enough energy to finish an intense 90 min exercise.
Related Post: The Goodness of Banana Peel
More Health Advantages of Consuming 3 Bananas a Day
Apart from significantly lessening the danger of heart attack, bananas have plenty benefits as well:
- Decreases depression- Banana has a type of protein known as tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin by the body. Serotonin relaxes the body and improves the mood.
- Regulation of the blood pressure- Potassium in the banana can aid to control heart function and the balance of the body fluid; hence reducing the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
- Eliminates constipation- Banana helps to restore your bowel. This is due to its high content of fiber. An average sized banana has more than three grams of fiber. It is a great natural substitute to laxatives.
- Cures hangover- Not many individuals experience a hangover. A hangover can be treated with banana smoothies sweetened with honey. Banana aids in soothing the stomach while honey restores decreasing levels of blood sugar.
- Boost bone mass- Research proves that the potassium found in bananas can rapidly assist to prevent bones decay.
- Fights Stress- Potassium aids in controlling the heartbeat. Stress raises metabolic rates and drops potassium levels hence consuming foods rich in potassium content like bananas can rebalance the heartbeat.
- Smoking- Bananas aids the body to recover the impacts of nicotine withdrawal. This is as a result of vitamin B12 and B6, potassium and magnesium found in the bananas.
- PMS- Vitamin B6 in bananas assist in normalizing the level of glucose in the body, which can improve your mood.
- Anemia- This is a condition caused by lack of enough red blood cells to transport oxygen to the vital tissues in the body. Banana assist in producing hemoglobin; this due to its richness in iron. Low levels of hemoglobin will cause anemia.